Wednesday 15 January 2014

Evaluation: How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

When creating all of the products for the ancillary tasks, I ensured that all of them fitted in with the urban landscape style. Therefore, I had to ensure that I kept continuity throught all my tasks. Below are the completed tasks for this project, such as the music video, magazine advertisement and finally digipak.
Video


Magazine advertisement


Digipak



One of the main ways I kept continuity was the fonts that I used on both ancillary tasks. I ensured it was a bold font, as on existing album covers, theirs are usually big and bold to catch the audience's eye. This is an example of house style. The bands name is consistently the same font and colour throughout each task. The images below show this.

The inside digipak image is also seen within the music video, however in a video format. This consequently creates a visual link between these tasks. This is similar for the outside image of the digipak and the music video. For example, the view of run-down houses is seen in a video format within the music video. By creating these links within each task, it means that when the audience looks at a specific task, e.g. the digipak, they will think of the music video and where they have seen the image before. This could mean two things; if they have seen the music video before the digipak might remind them of the video and cause them to view it again. Alternatively, the audience could see the digipak and be intrigued to look at the video for the first time. This can also work the other way around, thus it is good to make a link between the tasks. The images below point out the previous commonalities I have just mentioned.

Throughout the construction of my video I made sure that if some footage was too bright compared to the rest of my work then I would put a darkening effect on it. The same effect was put on every clip if it was needed, it is called 'Colbat'. This is one way that I kept continuity through the making of the music video and also the ancillary tasks as I also put darkening effects on the images I used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment