Friday 20 December 2013

Magazine advert - final draft


Below is the final draft of my magazine advert. This is with the edit of 'Dusty' that I used on Pixlr. The reason I like the edit over the top of the image is because it adds a bit more of a grey overlay and you can see the 'Dusty' effect mainly at the top of the image, in the sky, and also on the band name. The band name writing looks like it has a bit of a smoky effect on it, I think this makes the writing link in with the rest of the image and the overall style of the digipak and music video. This is because I have filmed and taken photos in rough areas which you would expect to see people smoking etc. Therefore the effect over the top of the band name links with the smoking of people that live in rough areas where the music video is based. 

I have chosen to use this image over other image I was considering to use (such as the first image in my draft) because of the audience feedback I received from the previous draft. Another reason is because I liked the mise en scene within the image, for example the bin in the far left and the main focus being the phone box. The dirty floor with the broken glass makes the image feel even more rough than any other image that I was considering. 

I like how the image is very minimal, but effective. I believe it is very effective because of the mise en scene, as previously stated, and the layout of the bands writing. I placed the bands writing in the middle of the image because I preferred it being the focus and the first thing that the audience sees. I know this by the audience feedback I received, as someone said the bands name was the first thing that they see when looking at the article. As I preferred the minimal feel of the image I didn't want to change the focus of the bands name to the name of the album. Along with this, I couldn't find a good place to put the name of the album on this image without subtracting focus from the bands name and actual image.

I have previously shown in another post the editing process of the image I have chosen for the article. However, I shall show the process again below.
Step 1 - Original image

Step 2 - Colour correction

Step 3 - Adding of writing

Step 4 - Image overlay

1 comment:

  1. Ria- the depth and detail you have gone into is really impressive, and is sure to be rewarded with a grade that reflects your efforts. It is vital that you channel as much effort into your evaluation, which is worth 30 marks. I will be on hand to help you produce the requisite and appropriate analysis to help you reach your potential. You will need to be systematic, thorough and apply theory and knowledge from both AS and A2.

    ReplyDelete