Saturday 30 November 2013

Audience feedback on the first draft of the music video

Below is the audience feedback on the music video. I think it is very important to find out their opinions on the video, in detail because it will help me to make any changes that are possible in later dates. You will see that the feedback that I received is mostly positive, and the negative comments that I did receive will only help me more. I am very pleased with the feedback I received, especially on the third question, because they compared it to the original Sonnetanz video and picked up on the style of video I was trying to achieve i.e. an opposite style to the original.


What would you change?
  • I think you could have filmed lip syncing rather than a lot of footage of the landscape, it would make it seem more interesting and give it variety
  • I think you could have introduced different transitions into your cuts to break sections up
  • You could have included some close ups of your talent
  • There could have been some lip syncing in the video, not all the way through though because I think it would of ruined the style you were going for
  • The second talent that you introduce towards the end, you could of took the opportunity to be more mysterious or on the other hand you could of had more footage of her and been more informative
What do you like most about the music video?
  • I like how you have left the ending open and haven't suggested too much with introducing another talent
  • I like the tracking shots you have used throughout, especially your tracking shot in the field because the background goes really well with your style of video
  • I love the shot of the talent in the phone box and then how you have slowed it down as she is walking out of the frame
  • I like how you haven't made your talent lip sync because I wouldn't expect it in a KlangKarussell music video
  • My favourite part is when you have made quick cuts towards the end of the video, as it suggests the talent is looking back on where they have been. It also reminds the audience parts of the video earlier on
  • I love the three reversed sections towards the middle, but I think they could have been more in time with the beat. (The reversed sections were meant to be in time with the beat of the song but for some reason when uploading the video to YouTube it became out of sync. I have now fixed this within the final draft).
Do you think that the music video fits well with the music/lyrics?
  • Yes, I like how you have done the opposite as to what you would expect from a song like this, as the song seems very happy and the video is about how the talent isn't happy
  • I think you have been very creative in the construction of the video because I noticed that when you have made a cut in the footage it is in time with the beat of the music, it lets you get really into the music whilst watching the video
  • Comparing it to the original Sonnetanz video it surprised me in the direction that you went. However, I think that this is an advantage because you have still followed in the footsteps that KlangKarussell would take
  • I do think it fits in well at the moment but I think for it to improve and to fit in even more, you could of contained lip syncing in the video

No comments:

Post a Comment