Friday 22 November 2013

First draft of digipak

For the making of my digipak, I went onto KlangKarussell's official website to look at the style of their writing of their band name so I could get an idea what style of writing I could use for their name on my digipak. I couldn't find a font that was like their font with the 'a' as a triangle, for this reason I ended up dragging the font and saving it as a picture so I was able to use it in my work. I also looked at their album cover for the song I am doing. Below are the pictures for the front and the back of the album. I have noticed that KlangKarussell put their name on the front and the back of the album, and the name of the song directly underneath the title of the band. Therefore I have tried this for my digipak. 


Below is the first draft of my digipak.
Outside
To the far left hand side I have placed the bands logo with an effect on the background. I have chosen to do this because I liked the idea of the audience opening the first sleeve (front cover) to the bands logo. The middle section will be the back of the digipak. Here I have made up some song names which I think would go well with the bands image and the style of the album as this is very important. The far right hand side is the front cover. I am not sure if like this as a cover for the album because it is lighter compared to the other images that I have used and therefore I think it gives off a different style to the rest of the digipak. To make my mind up I will ask a few people that I would consider to be listeners of the band and therefore the target audience.

Inside
The far left hand side sleeve, on the inside of the digipak, will be where the CD will be placed. I didn't want much on the inside of the digipak because I think putting too much over the images would ruin them. I think the images are good enough to have the digipak minimalistic, but intriguing at the same time. To the far right, I have placed a thank you message from the band with some tour dates underneath. I had the idea to put some tour dates on from looking at the bands website, however I have made up the dates and places where they will play so it is different from the bands actual tour dates. I made them different just in case someone viewing my digipak mistook this as the bands actual digipak. Again I am not sure if I like the inside of the digipak because it doesn't have much in it, other than images. The target audiences opinion is very important at this stage, consequently this is the next stage I plan to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment