Tuesday 12 November 2013

Pictures for digipak

The pictures below are the pictures I intend to use for my Digi pack. I am not sure where I in the digipak I will put the images, however I have taken as many as I can so I can choose the design and layout with plenty of images to use if I choose.

1.
Below is the same photo as above, after it has been edited. To edit it I have used the colour correction effect called 'Cold Steel'. I used this effect on Final Cut Pro by putting the effect on the part of the clip and screen shoting it and converting it to an image. I did this because I unfortunately didn't take a photo of the graffiti wall when filming there. As i liked the image so much I therefore screen shot it and edited it this way. I used the effect because I liked the darkness that it gave to the image, as throughout editing the music video I have stuck with the same colour scheme as in dark, dull colours. I think the original image is too bright to use for the digipak.

2.
The image below is the edited version of it. The effects I used were on 'Pixlr'. Firstly I used colour correction effect called 'Adrian', I also used another colour correction called 'Ldgrad'. These effects caused the image to look like the image below. 

After using the previous effects I added two more effects on top. They were also provided by Pixlr. They were an image overlay and are called 'Dusty' and 'Banded'. They caused the image to look like the image below. I also had to flip the image so that if wanted to use this image as a front cover there was a gap in the bottom right hand corner for the bands name and album cover. 

3. 
The image above is the original photo I took, I then edited it by putting two different types of colour correction over it. I used Pixlr photo editor to edit this image, the effects I used are called 'Yellow' and 'Nash'. I used these effects to make it look a bit darker and less natural. 

I then added two lots of an overlay effect called 'Smoky, I liked this effect because it added some texture to the image, which show up mostly in the lighter areas. For example, the top right hand corner is where you can see the effect most. The effect goes with the outdoors theme of the image as it gives the effect of tree branches. The reason I used two lots of the same effect was show it showed up more on the image and wasn't as faint with just one lot of the effect.

4.
The image above is the original photo I took. I like the image to use in the digipak because the floor is quite dirty and the bin is in the corner with the phone box. It could work quite well as an opening inside cover. The image below is the edited version, which I have used two colour correction effects called 'Hagrid' and 'Ldgrad'. This is to make it look a bit sharper and darker.
After adding these effects I then tried out adding some image overlays like the previous images, however I didn't like the outcome of the image because it made it look too edited and over the top which isn't the look I want. For this reason I decided to leave the image like this.

5. 
 The image above is the original photo that I took when filming. As you can see it is very green a quite bright, therefore I used some effects on Pixlr to darken the image. The effects I used was a colour correction effect called 'Bob'. It resulted in the image looking like the photo below.
I then added an overlay on top of the colour correction to give it some texture and to let it be similar to the other photos, effects wise. I like the result of just using the two effects, therefore I plan to leave the image how it is in this final photo below.

No comments:

Post a Comment