Friday 29 November 2013

Equipment I used for filming

I used three different pieces of equipment to help film my music video. They are the following:
  • Panasonic camera - This was the camera that I recorded the whole of my footage on for the music video. I wanted to keep all my footage on the same camera so that I didn't lose any.
  •  Tripod - I used this when I needed still shots when filming, it wasn't used as  much as I expected to use it. It was quite easy to carry around as it is light and easily made smaller.
  • Bike - I used the bike so I could film tracking shots. At first I contemplated what to use and whether I should just have the camera handheld for the tracking shots, however I wanted it to be smooth and to get a clear image of my talent. Therefore, after talking to my teacher and considering my options I decided to use a bicycle. I put the camera on the seat of the bike by sellotaping it to the seat and making sure it was secure and didn't move during the filming. It wash't as smooth as I thought it would be, only because of the uneven floors that I was filming on. For example, the tracking shot where my talent was walking through the park, it was quite bumpy so I had to cut out parts when the camera wasn't smooth and consistent. The bike was very easy to move between areas of filming, however it got in the way when we were filming in the alley way as it was a narrow place to film and there were passing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment