Thursday 14 November 2013

Colour correction

Below is an screen shot of a camera shot I have filmed. The day I chose to film this shot it was a sunny day and therefore I wanted to edit it so that it was darker and therefore is in keeping with the look I wanted to achieve, an urban
gritty feel.

The picture below is the edited version of the same camera shot as above. I only used colour correction to edit this shot, the effect I used was called 'Cold Steel'. It allows the camera shot to look dull and dreary which is the affect I wanted to achieve so that it reflects the mood of being rough and urban, like Audio Bullies 'We don't care' music video.
The screen shot of the camera shot below was filmed on the same day and therefore made the shot look bright and gave the opposite feel in that shot that what I wanted. For this reason I edited the shot by using colour correction called 'Combat'. This was to reflect how the above screen shot was to look. 

Below is another colour correction edit that I have used for the same reasons as I have explained in the previous screen shots. The top picture below this text is the original picture and the picture below is the edited version. The effect that I used on this shot is called 'Combat', I also used 'Cold Steel' on top of the other effect to create a strong dramatic effect.

However, after I used colour correction of the camera shot I decided to crop out the car in the far left of the shot as it didn't look right. When I filmed this shot I didn't take the car into consideration, if I was to of staged this camera shot I would of also taken the skip and 'Sold' sign out. I chose to film this shot in this particular place as I liked the 'Cliffton Road' sign as it ties in with the rest of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment