Monday 25 November 2013

Digital Technology


To create my music video I will use many different types of technology. For example:
  • Panasonic video camera - This will be one of the main pieces of technology I will use to create my music video. This is because I will film all of it on this camera and no other  cameras, such as standard cameras or a different brand of camera. It is essential to me that I use the same camera throughout the process of filming my music video so that I can find all of my work on the same camera when it comes to uploading the footage to a computer.

  • Apple Mac - This is another main piece of technology that I will use throughout creating the music video as it contains a lot of key software that will help me. For example, Final Cut Pro, Pages, Safari. I learnt how to use the software and basics of an Apple Mac last year, therefore whilst using it this year I am more prepared and well equipped. For this reason, I can consequently be more successful in making my music video. 

  • Final Cut Pro - This piece of software is what I will spend most of my time on as this is where I will upload and edit all the footage I have filmed. Final Cut Pro allows me to trim clips, change the speed, change the order, add transitions, add music and separate original footage sound from the clip. Along with all of this it enables me to add colour effects, add text onto a clip, reverse a clip add photos and more. This software is very helpful and effective in helping me to achieve the very best whilst editing the music video. Below is a print screen of Final Cut Pro. It shows the edited video at the bottom, the transitions that can be used to the right, media that has been uploaded to the top left, the adjustable amount of effect on the top right and the showing of the video in the middle.
  • Safari - I can access different websites through Safari that I will need throughout this project. For example, Blogger, Pixlr, YouTube etc. These websites I have just mentioned are the main websites I will use to find inspiration, edit pictures, and blog my ideas and processes. 
  • YouTube - In previous projects I have found YouTube very useful in helping inspire me. It holds a variety of videos that you can search for on the website. In this case I will most likely search for dance music videos as this is my genre for my music video. I can look at different styles of dance music videos to find inspiration to help me film my music video and editing techniques. 

  • Pixlr - Pixlr is the website where I will do all the editing for photos. I will need this website when it comes to the subsidiary tasks i.e. the digi pack and magazine article. It allows me to edit the colour of the photo, crop, rotate, airbrush, put different types of overlay on the photo and put a boarder around it. Below is a print screen of Pixlr, it shows all the editing techniques at the bottom of the page that can be used, e.g. adjustment, effects, overlay etc.
  • Blogger - I will use Blogger to blog all of my ideas and process throughout the making of the music video. It will enable me to show how my ideas develop through time. I can explain why I have used a special effect, camera shots and transitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment